Monday, December 20, 2010

I will fight..... and give it my all.

We have recently had to explain some things to our kids that we never thought we would have to explain to them. I hate having to tell them the hard honest truth about life. About how people's poor decisions effect those around them. About how our choices can lead us down really crummy paths.... but I would rather tell them the truth and talk openly about these things, than pretend life is great and perfect. I want more than anything for my kids to learn from others mistakes, instead of making awful ones on their own. I am not stupid, I understand that they will make poor choices and will have to learn things the hard way.. but I also want them to know, that bad choices can be escaped. We don't have to watch them go down a path of destruction. I want more for my kids. I will fight with them to have better lives and to make good choices. I know Joel and I will always love them but with that love, I hope to God that we will be open and honest and tell them straight forward if they are out of line or if they are destroying others and themselves by their stupid choices. As Joel was talking with the girls last night about what happens when we make bad choices, I couldn't help but be extremely thankful that Joel and I are a team, working together for the good of the girls. We will make mistakes but I know we can honestly look at each other and our kids and know that we have given it everything we got.

On a lighter note, Christmas is 5 days away. This week will consist of baking with the girls and wrapping a few last gifts and watching endless hours of Christmas movies. I can't wait! :)

No comments: