Friday, May 23, 2008

Thinking about the past

The other night, Joel and I were discussing how we were approaching our 9th year of marriage. We started way back in the beginning and tried to remember every place we have lived, the cars we drove, and what friends we had. I was shocked at how I had forgotten about most of it but was able to bring it all back to my memory very quickly. We both came to the realization that we are very different people today then we were back then.... and thank God, for the better. We were young and mostly dumb..... but God has brought us through a lot and has challenged us to become better people. It was fun to think back to the past. Our first apartment, our first car breaking down and our pretty newlywed furniture. We laughed a lot about it and both agree that although some of it has been rough, our marriage gets stronger and better as the years go by. I can't believe it will be 9 years!

No comments: