Monday, June 30, 2008

Parenting....

I have to say that I think we are entering a new phase with our oldest daughter. She just turned 7 the other day and I feel like our problems of a messy bedroom and spilled lemonade have quickly turned into more serious and complicated issues. I am now feeling the constant urge to have to teach her things about life like how to be a good friend, the consequences of not telling the truth, and how to respect others around her. I now am seeing just a glimpse of what other parents have told me about.... as they get older the problems and lessons become bigger. I am trying to stay consistent. It is hard. I want her to grow up to be kind, caring, respectful and most of all devoted to the Lord. I think I am going to need a lot of prayer.................

1 comment:

Angel said...

You're a great mom Kristy and don't underestimate yourself! New stages bring insecurity, but you can handle it, I know!