Monday, May 23, 2011

happy.....

What a fantastic weekend. I started my Saturday morning with a 4 mile run. (I have signed up with my dear childhood friend to run a half marathon in Oct). Yes, I am crazy! So, I am now stuck to this running schedule. I ran it so well though and it felt so good. I am exciting for this training because it will be such an accomplishment for me. I am also hoping it makes my butt smaller in the process!
Then I met some of my favorite people for lunch. So nice to catch up and chat and it was at the Cow Deli. One of my favorite places to eat here in Longview. I sat there with my two friends, still amazed that I am living by family and friends again. I feel too blessed. I will forever be thankful for this move and that the door opened for us to come this way again. That evening, we went to dinner at a friends house and the kids played well and the adult conversation was fun and full of laughter. These kinds of things make my heart full and happy. The weekend ended with a Sunday nap and then church at Elevate last night. I am thankful for this church and thankful for the worship and the preaching. I always leave challenged. I also leave with a full happy heart as I see my kids playing with friends and my husband laughing and catching up with old friends. God knew my hearts desires for the last year and I believe He has answered those. I will forever thank Him and be grateful.
So now I sit here on Monday morning. The school books are ready and waiting, the laundry and dishwasher are going, the kids are finishing breakfast and I am able to get a few things done before the day can really begin. I love to take a slow morning on Monday- to get my things done and out of the way. My kids love it too because this means they can watch a few cartoons before the tv goes off for the day.
So, I write this on this cloudy morning, completely in awe and thankful for where I am. By family and friends. I miss many back in KY and hope to see them at some point on this earth again, but I know without a doubt that this is where we are to be at this moment. My heart is happy and my cup runs over.

No comments: