Tuesday, May 18, 2010

another rainy day....

I am proud to say, that I ran yesterday... not just to the mailbox... but on an actually run.. a run where my heart was pumping fast, my armpits were sweaty and smelly.. and my face was bright red. It was amazing. It was a misty rainy morning. It felt great. I am not exactly how far I ran, but I do know that my legs are sore this morning... so it must have been somewhat of a workout, right? I really have always wanted to be a runner (insert hysterical laughs here)..... but I seriously do. I don't have the chance to run often, but am now going to take every chance I can get.

On another note- I am one proud mama! Nevaeh was chosen by her gymnastics teacher to move up into a more advance class that meets twice a week. She has kind of hit a wall in her current class and needs more challenging practices... we are still deciding if this is the route we want to take- it is a big commitment. We shall see.

My last post I wrote was about Ecclesiastes. I am now listening to the podcast of this book and already know I am going to learn a lot... I am feeling very much like this--- everything is meaningless.. everything is in vain. Every generation thinks they are the smart one to fix things... to fix all the world's problems. Everything has been tried before. There is no progression... it is all the same. Life is frustrating, hard, and is a crazy maddening circle where nothing is ever perfect and nothing is ever done. So, now that I have depressed you....................

3 comments:

Emily said...

I agree with you..."there is nothing new under the sun."

Yay for Nevaeh!

Emily said...

Ps. good for you for running, too. I'm running a race next weekend and started running two days ago :) I'm sore t'day.

Andy said...

Careful, you're kind of sounding a little Edward Cullen-ish . . .