Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Christians and facebook

Dear "Christians" who are on facebook:

Sometimes you drive me nuts and honestly, I have hid many of you. Can you just for once write about doing laundry and getting groceries? Must it always be about God? I realize that this must sound terrible but I am trying to be plain honest here. I love Jesus. I love scripture but I also like real life. I understand pastors putting these things on their facebook more than just average posts, but sometimes I just think people can start to go overboard. I do not want to read about how you feel Jesus is your lover and you love when he picks you up and dances in the field with you. First off, that is creepy. He is not my lover and never will be. He is my savior.... and I would rather bow at His feet than have Him twirl me in flowers.. that just creeps me out. Some things are just meant to stay between you and Him.... please! I am also certain that even those posts that say- "even though most will not repost" this does not give me my ticket to hell. UGH. I love facebook but sometimes people drive me nuts. And again, this is why I blog.

7 comments:

Debbie Mann said...

Amen.....preach it sister!!!! I am right there with you! Does every post have to be a scripture or quote from a preacher???? This is Facebook people not preachbook!!

Anonymous said...

its ok to blog it, but don't facebook it?
I see.
Stone thrower.

Bethany Patrice said...

this is hilarious Kristy. I love you, your honesty, and your sense of humor!

Facebook is not a personal site, so I feel as if our status updates should be tempered. However, your BLOG is entirely YOUR blank slate, and you can say whatever you darn well please. Way to use the internet properly!!!!!!!

Please move by me. I need a friend like you in my daily life. You think how I think...

Edna said...

Kristy, Love it!! Dad said great! and anonymous, you hide behind that, no guts, I guess. Keep up the good bloggingno prejudice involved. Love you, MOM

Me..... said...

I love that you all liked this so much. I was afraid I was being too negative ;) but since my entire family agrees with my 100%- I now see why I think like I do and I am FOREVER thankful that my family does not act like a bunch of Christian crazies! ;)

Andy said...

maybe your family are the Christian crazies. ever think about that?
Speaking from experience, i would say that your family is nutty, and grreat!

All the good ones are.

Katie (& Daryl) said...

Ohhhh.....I like this too. I may need you to show me how to hide some FB friends. I tried once and it created a "family fued".
Debbie- I think you should create Preachbook. It's where all these crazy religious people can go and post all their craziness!