Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I just cannot seem to believe the amount of people I know that are really dealing with some painful hardships right now. It seems to be endless and I wish I could take away the pain for these people. I know it is all a part of living life in this world. We have to deal with disease, pain, suffering, hardships, etc... but it is hard when these things hit close to home. I guess it puts everything into perspective. Life is short and life is hard. I guess it makes sense to make the most of it and to not waste any moment.

On a side note, I have to say that it is so nice to be surrounded by people who are not crazy. I met some great people in KY but when it came to church, I had a hard time with what some people around me believed or were "into". I love that there is nothing weird or that there is no psycho babble with the people that I am surrounded with. I love that I can trust those around me and that I don't have to second guess what I am being taught or what advise I am given. It is a relief. These people around me just keep it simple and aren't chasing the next great feeling or the next big teaching. I am thankful for this.

I took the girls to the library today to get them library cards. They were so pumped to check out some things under their own names :) makes this homeschool mother happy to see them pumped up about reading!

No comments: