Monday, September 7, 2009

Is it a holiday?

It is labor day.. doesn't mean much to me. Joel is working, no family around which means no picnics to go to..... so, I am just taking some time to research fun homeschooling ideas. Field trips to apples farms and pumpkin patches, art classes, and ways to fill up the schedule with something other than book work.
I love this time of year. The weather is a tad cooler, the days are getting a bit shorter (which means it is easier to get my kids in bed at a decent hour), and fun activities for the kids. There is nothing better than a trip to the farm to pick up a pumpkin!
This school year has gone really well with the girls. Jesslyn has totally mastered playing letter games on the computer, and Nevaeh's reading is so much better than last year. I think this will be a fun year of learning and great field trips.
Right now the girls are turning the kitchen into their own little restaurant. This drives me crazy because things get messy, but I know this is saving me from paying for a membership at the children's museum and we also don't have the germs to go along with it. We shall see how long they can play without a fight!

No comments: