Sunday, February 28, 2010

Oh what a day....

*WARNING: if you do not have kids or if poop makes you sick- do not read any further.

I took the girls to church this morning and then had planned on taking them to lunch at the mall... and then on to shopping for some new clothes for them. They love clothes so I knew this would be a fun day. Jesslyn is growing out of her jeans, and Nevaeh has shirts that barely cover her belly. It is time for some new stuff..... so, we headed to the mall. Jesslyn wanted McDonald's and Nevaeh wanted China Max. We ordered our food, found a table in the midst of the crowd and began to eat. Jesslyn took one bite and said her stomach hurt and that she needed to use the bathroom. I instantly knew that could not happen. We had food everywhere, we were far from the restroom, and I could not leave Nevaeh by herself... and if we all left, our food would very likely be tossed before we had a chance to finish it. About two seconds after me telling Jesslyn she was going to have to wait, she said "I already went..." My heart fell to my feet. She had went. Diarrhea. What in the world was I going to do? She starts crying, I feel bad, and am completely trying to go into survival mode.... "how can I leave Nevaeh here by herself? We are not done eating? what will I have her wear? how can I clean this up? "ooohhh I just wanted to hide. So, I decide to leave Nevaeh there to finish eating... told her DO NOT TALK TO ANYONE.... and took Jesslyn in to the bathroom. I took her leggings and underwear off and just threw them away. She had a long shirt on and then I tied her sweatshirt around her waste to cover some of her legs...... oh how awful. We quickly headed back to the table, let Nevaeh finish eating, and then headed to the car. I have no idea if anyone noticed... all I know, is that it was quite interesting... and one of those moments you wish would just go away. So, we are home now, watching Babe (my Grandma Betty's favorite movie) and we are going to attempt our shopping trip tomorrow afternoon.

4 comments:

Andy said...

Hey, if she went, then she went. No sense hurrying to the bathroom at that point. Finish the meal and leave together so no one gets lost or stolen.

Bethany Patrice said...

Kristy...that is the worst thing I've ever heard. I feel so bad for you :(. I hope she is feeling better! With that t-shirt and sweater tied around her waist, she may have just started a fashion trend.

Katie (& Daryl) said...

Oh no! I can't even imagine. It sounds like you handled it well though. None of us can say what we would have done in that situation. You always seem to handle stressful "kid" issues well :)

Unknown said...

poor baby! poor momma! :(