Wednesday, June 23, 2010

One more fave Driscoll quote!

"There is a strong drift toward the hard theological left. Some
emergent types [want] to recast Jesus as a limp-wrist hippie in a
dress with a lot of product in His hair, who drank decaf and made
pithy Zen statements about life while shopping for the perfect pair of
shoes. In Revelation, Jesus is a prize fighter with a tattoo down His
leg, a sword in His hand and the commitment to make someone bleed.
That is a guy I can worship. I cannot worship the hippie, diaper, halo
Christ because I cannot worship a guy I can beat up. I fear some are
becoming more cultural than Christian, and without a big Jesus who has
authority and hates sin as revealed in the Bible, we will have less
and less Christians, and more and more confused, spiritually
self-righteous blogger critics of Christianity."

-Mark Driscoll, The Panel. "7 Big Questions", Relevant Magazine, issue
24, Relevant Media Group.

No comments: