Thursday, June 24, 2010

this is what it's about

I woke up early this morning... planning on running. I kept hitting snooze and really was wanting to just go back to sleep. I opened up facebook and saw that I had a message... after reading it, I felt like getting up, getting on my shoes, and starting my day. It was encouraging to me.... it was just what I needed to read to start my day the right way. It was a note from a guy I went to high school with... and here is what it said....

I've been meaning to message you. I just wanted to let you know that I really appreciate you trying to help me find jesus and god and get into religion. I know it didn't make sense to me back then, but it has now. I have been going to church every sunday for awhile while. And i have been reading the bible religiously. I have found god and it is awesome I cant begin to tell you how he has been so great to me. I finally understand why people can be so enthused about jesus and god and how he works in such great ways. I really want to say thank you so much for thinking of me back then and what you did for me. You were the first person i thought of when god started working in my life and its great. So I hope all is well with you and joel and keep in touch I will be in longview in sept and we should defiantly get together. Thanks again

This is what life is about. This is what encourages me.

No comments: