Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter Morning...

Due to a sick child, I am home from church this Easter morning. Of all the Sundays to be sick!!! I am glad that I chose to go to church last night since I am home this morning. I went to our alternative service, Church 922, and the service was great. Most of the people there are newly saved and are genuinely excited about Jesus. The lights are dimmed, the music is loud, and people are there to worship. It is amazing to me that in a room with almost three hundred people, all worshipping in their own way, I experienced such an intimate time of worship. No distractions at all. There is something so fresh about people new to the Lord and their excitement and enthusiasm. People were not there to fulfill their Easter service obligation. They were excited about the victory and His conquering the grave. ........"The enemy has been defeated, death couldn't hold you down!"
I do miss my Grandma Betty an awful lot today. Easter was a big thing for her. She always died Easter eggs with onion skins wrapped around them (which makes a very pretty design) and then she would paint crosses and flowers all over them and then she would make sure every grandchild had one with their name written on it. I would love for her to be giving us all our Easter eggs this year but I am sure that her Easter celebration is going to be like none other she has had before. Miss you Grandma Betty!

No comments: