Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Black Friday

Thanksgiving was good.... Joel deep fried a turkey and we were all relieved that the house didn't burn down in the process. It tasted great too... although we did a regular turkey in the oven, just in case. For the first time in many years, my mother in law and sister in law decided to get up and head out the door at 6 for Black Friday. We went to Starbucks first for a coffee, then headed to Kohl's which was what I like to call hell on earth. The lines were weaving around the entire store... people everywhere! We all three decided we would pay the extra few dollars to not have to stand in that 3 hour line. I will never do that again. Then we headed to the mall which was actually not bad at all. Then we headed to Target..... lots o people, about a five minute wait for the next shopping cart, and some empty shelves from the previous shoppers. I got some good deals and didn't have to wait in line at all! Best of all, I am proud to say that it is December 3rd, and I am done with my Christmas shopping. Only one more box to send in the mail!! Now I can spend my days relaxing and watching all my favorite Christmas movies!

No comments: