Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmastime is Here



Yesterday the girls and I made sugar cookies... (using the recipe of my Grandma Betty's). I used to make them when I was their age and I felt really old telling them... "your mommy made these cookies when I was your age and maybe someday you can make them with your kids..." touching moment for me but made me feel old :)
Jesslyn got a little carried away with the sprinkles..... no shocker there..... and Nevaeh is at the age now of really enjoying taking her time to decorate each one nicely with some detail.
It is Christmas Eve..... hard to believe....... seems like summer was just here. Joel will be home early this evening and we are planning on watching a movie together before putting the kids to bed. My family back home in Washington will be attempting to make it up to "the farm'.... my uncle Bob's house. (the two feet of snow might cause some problems...... ) I miss my family a lot today..... looking forward to seeing my sister and her family in January!! Merry Christmas everyone!!! Enjoy your families and don't forget to take some time to praise the birth of our Jesus!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Cute picture! I noticed you posted this at 6:57AM! I didn't know you ever saw the world THAT early!