Friday, March 26, 2010

ugh. ugh. ugh

I have not talked politics in awhile but if I hear the word TAX one more time, I think I may just scream. Joel is so kind and mutes the tv every time a tax commercial comes on. I am OVER it... and here is why....
we live in KY- work in OH. We have OH taxes taken out and then owe KY at the end of the year.... now, we need to start doing estimated taxes to KY because paying them at the end of the year does not cut it apparently... this means, we will pay OH out of paycheck but will also have to pay KY in quarterly estimated payments. We do get back what we pay to OH... but essentially will be DOUBLE taxed all year. I am going to be writing a heck of a check for taxes in April ..... and having to write this shows me just how much Joel and I are paying in..... I really am blessed, love that we have a great job.... but really?? way more than a fourth of our income goes to taxes... ugh. and it is just going to get worse.... ugh. ugh. ugh. I think everyone should have to write the check to the irs themselves instead of having it go out from paycheck. We would be way more aware of what we are really having to pay in... maybe it wouldn't feel so bad paying in if I trusted it was going to useful things... to things that are not going to be bankrupt or to things that are not supporting people who just choose not to work and choose to be lazy.. ugh. I need to stop.....

No comments: