Monday, November 15, 2010

widsom

Sometimes I think my nine year old has more wisdom than I do. That is either saying a lot about me or says a lot about her. I hope it is just saying a lot about her. We were getting ready for church yesterday and we headed to the car. Jesslyn started to cry and said she didn't have friends at church and that she wanted to go to her old church. We have recently changed churches and the transition has went very well for my kids. Better than I expected but yesterday was a different story. I did not know how to handle it and did not feel strong enough to even try so I went and sat down, throwing my own kind of fit and fighting tears. Nevaeh walked over to me and said "mommy, if Grandma and Grandpa were here they would tell you that Jesslyn does not get to be the one to make the choice. We need to go and she is going to just have to deal with it". She was right... and I thanked her for it. This is also the girl who told me that if I made her go to another church, she was going to get up on stage and yell how much she hated it! I am thankful the transition has been easy for her. It is never fun to have to change something that was once a huge part of our life. Thank you Jesus that you are faithful and that all is going well with this change, except for a little snag here and there.

I hope both of my girls are full of wisdom. I know that there will be times when they do not use their best judgement but I hope that they are at least seeking right things.

1 comment:

Susan Holt Simpson said...

I sure miss seeing you - think I'm on Jesslyn's side! Hope all is wonderful for you all, though!