Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The controversy

With all of the Rob Bell controversy going on today, there are many things that I could write, many feelings that stir up inside of me about the Emergent Church... but I listened to a clip today by John Piper about the Emergent church and it hit the nail on the head for me. He explained how dangerous it is to focus more on relationships than on truth. I am turned off by the lovey dovey touchy feely weird relationships that people have with one another. We focus so much on relationships and making people feel good and fuzzy inside that we often tend to ignore truth. Truth is truth. You either accept it or not. We are afraid to say something is absolute for fear of hurting someone. We must believe that the Bible is absolute truth. Piper hit in on the head and I hope he is right. I hope the Emergent church will not be around in ten years.

No comments: