Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Galatians 6:7-9 (English Standard Version)

7 Do not be deceived: God is not mocked, for whatever one sows, that will he also reap. 8 For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life. 9 And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.


This really challenges me. I realize even more how important these words are..... because I firmly believe that whatever seeds I am sowing now, could be reaped now or many years later.... this means that what I sow can have an impact on my kids and all the way to their kids. I desire to sow love, kindness, faith, trust, etc..... sometimes sowing those are easy, sometimes quite challenging. If I live my life realizing that how I react, how I act, what I do, what I believe in, and how I live my daily life are all like seeds that I throw to the ground.... whatever I throw to the ground will be what is harvesting later. This makes me want to live more aware of those seeds I am tossing to the ground.

No comments: