Saturday, September 11, 2010

It is Saturday. This means no schoolwork, not really any responsibilities.... and it just started pouring down rain. This makes me smile. We have not had a day of rain in a very long time. Sure, we get a scattered storm here or there, but a rainy day? Oh how I have missed them. So, here are a few things I am looking forward to in the next months:

*football games. I love them. My favorite sport to watch.
*pumpkins. I love them. I love them sitting on my porch. I love going to the patch to get them.
*the trees. The pretty colors.... love them.
*caramel apples. I don't really care to eat them, but love watching my kids make them.
*cooler weather. Sweatshirts and my Uggs! Oh how I have missed you!
*having the windows open... fresh air flowing through the house is always nice.
*pumpkin spice lattes. MMMM.
*running in cooler weather. I have ran almost every day this last week. Now that the 90's are gone!
*baking things- such as pumpkin bread and things... also soups. I love making soup... there is nothing like having a big pot of soup on the stove :)

I am sure there are many more reasons I love this time of year.... but for now, I am going to enjoy this rainy day. (too bad Joel despises weather like this). We couldn't be more different.

On a side note, I went to the doctor and had my "numbers" checked. Cholesterol, bad ones, good ones, Triglycerides, etc..... all my numbers were really great! Now if I could only get that weight number to go down :( Maybe all this running will finally start paying off.

No comments: