Thursday, April 1, 2010

I came to a realization today.... first off, this might sound like a pity party. It is not. It's just reality.

I now realize that fall and winter are my favorite months.... I love warm weather... today was almost 80. The kids played outside, road bikes, came in covered in dirt..... but this time of year is tough for me. I usually tend to miss my family a lot. Spring and Summer always seem like the perfect time for families to be together... cooking on the grill, swimming, playing ball, etc. I miss those family cookouts and going out on the boat. I also become a golf widow during these months. Enough said.

On a bright note, I was very productive today.... got a lot done and even had a friend watch my kids a bit for me so I could do some things on my own. Pretty nice. I also bought the girls some balls and gloves today- it is time they know how to play catch!

Just a random thought- a mom's things are never her own. (my kids drink from my cup, take from my purse, eat my gum, and even try to put on my makeup).

2 comments:

Emily said...

As soon as the morning sickness starts, your stuff is no longer your own. They go from taking over your body to taking over your whole house :) They steal our hearts, too don't they?

Me..... said...

well said auntie em.