Sunday, April 4, 2010




Today is Easter. Joel worked so the girls and I headed to early service. Good service- always very emotional for me. This is the entire reason Christianity exists... because of HIs death and resurrection. Without that, I would have no faith, it would be pointless and just like other religions. I turned 33 this year. I am the same age He was at His death. I try and imagine what it must have been like- but know there is no possible way my mind can even fathom.

Philippians 3:7-12 (English Standard Version)

7 But whatever gain I had, I counted as loss for the sake of Christ. 8Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ 9and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which comes through faith in Christ, the righteousness from God that depends on faith— 10 that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, 11that by any means possible I may attain the resurrection from the dead. 12 Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own.

Part of trusting in God is knowing Him and part of knowing Him is knowing the power of His resurrection.

I am thankful.... so thankful He loved me this much. It is mind-bending. Unbelievable.
We sang this in church this morning and it has been in my mind all day-

i won’t be satisfied
i won’t be found all right
till i find who You are

i climb every mountain
i travel the deepest valley
to find who You are

You, You cause the lame to walk
You open lips to talk
You’re everything
and that is who You are

You, You calm the storms at night
You turn the dark to light
You’re everything
and that is who You are

i won’t be satisfied
i won’t be found all right
till i find who You are

You, You cause the lame to walk
You open lips to talk
You’re everything
and that is who You are

You, You calm the storms at night
You turn the dark to light
You’re everything
and that is who You are


that is who You are
my Savior, my Healer, Redeemer
that is who You are
Creator, my Maker, my Father
that is who You are

No comments: